April is a curious month in Seoul. The weather gets warmer but the smog is typically at its peak. The cherry blossoms turn the city a lovely whitish-pink but then a day later a spring shower leaves the branches bare. But there is one thing Seoulites can look forward to without exception: the Seoul International Wines & Spirits Expo at COEX. Here are the details for an event that is an absolute must!
LOCATION: COEX Hall C (Samseong Station)
DATE: Saturday, April 29
TIME: 10 am – 6:30 pm
ENTRANCE FEE: ₩10,000
- April 27-28 is only for those in the industry. Boo!
- It seems there is a pre-registration option that costs ₩5,000 but it’s not clear if that is closed or not.
- COEX has not released what vendors will be present but check out some of last year’s notables in Takjoo Journal’s 14th Wines & Spirits Expo review.
- Also keep in mind that, in addition to sool, attendees will have the chance to taste domestic and international wine and beer. COEX sells glasses for wine tasting or you can bring your own.
- Outside of COEX (on the east side of the building, I believe) more beer vendors will be plying their brews and it seems the entrance fee is ₩5,000. You can find out more information about this side event here.
- Finally, this information is not set in stone; please check COEX’s site regularly for updates.